Good Day L.A. ......Molly and I sent our Ornaments to this morning show.

Monday, July 4, 2011

What's your favorite 4th of July Memory from your childhood?

We are giving away 5 awesome mustache pins to our favorite 5 memories! 

Happy 4th of July friends of Monster and the Squirrel!  We have been in hibernation mode since Christmas and in honor of our awakening from our long hiatus we are giving away some awesome NEW mustache pins that Squirrel created just for u! All you have to do is tell us ur most awesomeness childhood memory!

Mine (Squirrel): When I was a kid our family  use to have huge 4th of July parties and all my cousins would come over to my grandma's house . My family would be  BBQing and there would be crazy illegal fireworks blasting into the sky.  Some fires but nothing too major!  My sister and I would get so excited when our cousins from Bakersfield would come down because then we would have kids to play with!  We played crack the whip, freeze tag, hide & go seek and made our own Slip and slide with trash bags!  I just remember how awesome it was to be with all my family... together having fun. It seems as the years passed and everyone got older, everyone grew a little distant and those days don't exist anymore. Awwwee the good old days in Placentia.


This is Monster's Favorite memory of her and her nanny celebrating with sparklers

6 comments:

  1. My favorite memory is the same as yours. But one moment that sticks to my head was when Sylvia, and Danny Rangel came with all their kids and Sylvia was carrying a big watermelon, and mom asked Danny why did he let Sylvia carry that up the hill? and Danny replied "when it comes to food sylvia will carry the refrigerator up the hill she dont care."

    Franny

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think my favorite 4th of July memories always included family trips to the desert and camping. I think I was lucky as a kid to have parents that liked to go camping so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think my favorite memory is when we went to go see my sister play in an extra special fourth of july band. It was in some high school stadium, and we got there super early so that we could be in the front, and my sister braided all of my hair into these teeny tiny braids while we waited for her to play. They played some great joplin ragtime songs, and the fireworks were awesome. Pretty tame.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lmao...mines. the.same as yours Lmao love it frannie...those were the good ol days...I remember the grand caught on fire your grandma was so mad LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. My parents couldn't afford to buy fireworks :(
    I liked watching the neighbors light them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My favorite 4th of July memory...
    When I was a kid, I plugged my ears for all fireworks.
    One year we were at a block party and fireworks were going off all over the place and I was, of course, walking around with my fingers in my ears.
    Somebody walked by and offered me a sparkler but I wouldn't take my fingers out of my ears.
    My dad saw and took one of the sparklers, lit it, covered my ears with his hands, and handed it to me so that I could enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete

There was an error in this gadget